VEGAN-FRIENDLY MATCHA CHIA CUP RECIPE
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 2 hours
Serving: 6 cups
Ingredients for the base
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 1 cup ground walnuts
- 1/2 cup pitted dates
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Pinch of salt
Ingredients for the chia layer
- 4 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1.5 cups almond milk
- 3-4 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 heaped tablespoons matcha powder
- In a bowl, mix the chia seeds with almond milk and allow to sit for about 20 minutes to thicken. Keep stirring with a fork every now and then.
- While the chia pudding is sitting to thicken, start making the base by mixing all the base ingredients in a food processor. Mix well until it turns into a sticky paste.
- Line a cupcake tray with liners and press the base batter into the bottom of each cupcake liner. Place in the freezer to firm up.
- Once the chia seed mixture has thickened, add the maple syrup and matcha powder. You can add more maple syrup if you want the extra sweetness.
- Pour the chia mixture over the base and allow to sit in the freezer for about 1-2 hours.
- Once the cups are set, take out of the freezer and remove from the cupcake tray and serve.