Recipe for Barbecue Mango Chicken Wings
Preparation time: 5 minutes + overnight
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
- 2 mangoes, any variety
- 1 teaspoon spinneysFOOD cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon spinneysFOOD fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon spinneysFOOD chilli flakes
- 2 teaspoon spinneysFOOD sweet and smokey BBQ spice
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2cm piece spinneysFOOD organic ginger, grated
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Juice of 1 lime
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon spinneysFOOD honey
- spinneysFOOD salt and pepper, to taste
- 500g chicken wings
- Dice the mango and blend the flesh to make a pulp.
- Combine all the ingredients in a sealable container, making sure you cover the chicken wings thoroughly.
- Seal the container and marinate the wings for 4 hours or overnight.
- Heat oven to 180°C/gas mark 4 and bake the wings for 15 to 20 minutes until cooked through.