Peanut Noodles You Can Eat Hot Or Cold
An excellent alternative to the traditional noodles, this recipe takes 5 minutes to prepare and is full of flavours – perfect for any time of the year whether served hot or cold. The dish is low in saturated fat and cholesterol. It’s high in protein and it is also a good source of manganese, vitamin C and vitamin K.
7oz (200g) broccoli
1 red bell pepper
5oz (150g) rice noodles
FOR THE SAUCE
1 tablespoon peanut butter
¼ cup of water
1. Prep the veggies: Split broccoli into bite-sized florets. De-seed the bell pepper. and cut into bite-sized pieces.
2. Fill a large pan with water and bring it to a boil. Add broccoli, bell pepper and rice noodles. Boil at high heat for 5 minutes or until the noodles are ready.
3. In the meantime, make the sauce by mixing peanut butter and water together.
4. Transfer noodles and vegetables to a colander and rinse under cold water under the tap.
5. Combine with sauce and serve.
Add 1 tablespoon soy sauce, ½ lemon juice, 1 teaspoon ginger powder and 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper to the sauce.
MAKES 2 PORTIONS
372 Calories per portion
Recipe from DAREBEE
Get ready to hit your 30 minutes of activity for 30 days - find out how you can get involved today. We’re in it together!