PALEO-FRIENDLY MUSHROOM SOUP RECIPE
- 750g mushrooms, sliced (I used Swiss brown, but try a mixture)
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 200g chestnut purée
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos (or tamari)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Sea salt and black pepper to season
- Heat the coconut oil in a large saucepan
- Add the sliced mushrooms and sauté until they start to soften and colour. Keep cooking until some of the juice from the mushrooms has reduced.
- Add the onion, garlic and herbs, and cook for 5 minutes or so until the onion has softened
- Add the stock/broth and bring to boil. Lower the heat and simmer for about 15 minutes. Add in the chestnut purée and coconut cream and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Take off the heat and purée with a stick blender or blender
- Season with sea salt and pepper
You may find chestnut purée in the baking section of the supermarket.