Mix and Mash With Cauliflowers
Low in calories, this dish is a great source of protein, thiamin, riboflavin, pantothenic acid, phosphorus and potassium, and proves to be a very good source of dietary fibre, folate, manganese and vitamins C, K and B6.
1 medium cauliflower head
2 tablespoons cooking cream or milk
- Split cauliflower into florets using your hands. Steam or boil the florets and onion for 20 minutes. Drain well
- Combine with cooking cream and mash using a potato masher or a food processor.
- If your cauliflower has black spots over its florets you can easily scrape them off with a knife prior to cooking
- Pressure cooker shortcut: Use a pressure cooker to cook the entire cauliflower head and cut down on the prep time. Use a steam setting and set it for 15 minutes
- Any type of cream can be used. If you don’t want to use cream, you can replace it with full-fat milk
Add ½ tablespoon thyme and fresh green onions for garnish
MAKES 2 PORTIONS
- 120 calories per portion
- Protein 10g
- Carbohydrates 22g
- Fat 3g
- Fibre 12g
Recipe from DAREBEE
Get ready to hit your 30 minutes of activity for 30 days - find out how you can get involved today. We’re in it together!