The Expo 2020 Fitness Village is a wonderland for sports and fitness lovers. Packed with running events, a Global Fitness Stage, football pitch, cricket nets, a gym, multisports area and so much more, the expansive fitness village has plenty to keep you moving during DFC – and beyond.
Running at Expo 2020 Dubai
A primary focus of the Fitness Village, runners can lace up and train at The Expo Running Club for all 182 days of Expo 2020 Dubai, with up to four 30-minute classes taking place daily, aimed at all levels of experience.
There’s also a number of special events to ink into the calendar. Get ready for the informal Run the World Family Run, taking place every Saturday morning.
Cycling at Expo 2020 Dubai
Enjoy the wonders of 191 countries in just one hour by bike, with a free cycling tour of Expo 2020. Book a slot to join a small group of other riders on a guided tour of Expo 2020’s pavilions, complete with either English or Arabic commentary.
You’ll head through all three districts – Mobility, Sustainability and Opportunity – and get a unique view of the event’s sights. Bicycles are provided, and the activity is open to anyone aged 12+.
Sports, Fitness and Wellbeing Hub
The Global Fitness Stage Programme (including specialist sessions) also runs for the full 182 days of Expo 2020. Designed for a wide range of abilities, there are sessions for runners that will boost your cardio. There are even special sessions focused on flexibility, mobility and injury rehab.
Sporting events during Expo 2020
A huge number of events will be hosted by participating countries during Expo 2020 Dubai. Here are just a few examples that give a taste of what’s to come:
- Australia: discover 59 events, including 1039 sessions, women-only activities and the Sports Academy and Leadership Forum.
- New Zealand: try weekend Les Mills sessions during Expo 2020, including Body Combat, Body Attack and Grit 30.
- Croatia: attend a sports and fitness showcase, featuring sporting legends like Davor Šuker, Luka Modrić and Goran Ivanišević.
- USA: meet the Harlem Globetrotters and enter 3-on-3 basketball tournaments every weekend.
- Russia: the Winter Sports Festival welcomes visitors for coaching sessions from Russian Olympic gymnasts and track and field legends.
Garden on 1 Sports Lounge
Need to unwind after a fitness session? Garden on 1 is the perfect place for visitors to fuel up, mingle and get refreshed with friends, family and colleagues. Expect comfy lounge seating, foosball, a pool table, huge TV screens and outdoor areas for fresh air. Themed around sports, the expansive sports lounge should inspire DFC participants to charge up and keep moving.
Other Fitness Village areas:
- The Aussie Park 5-a-side Football Pitch
- Multi-sports Court Area
- The Global Fitness Stage
- Big Bash Cricket Nets
- Gym And Health Studio (indoor)
- Activation / Exhibition Space
What to bring:
- Comfortable training gear
- Specialised equipment for sports activities
BOOK NOW: Dubai Expo 2020 Sports Hub