DIP INTO THIS SPICY RANCH SAUCE
Recipe by Right Bite
Did you know that ranch dressing is America’s favourite condiment? After reading the New York Times’ feature about ranch, we had to have a go at it and of course, tried to make it a little healthier than the classic.
Not only does this spice mix taste great, but it’s also virtually calorie-free and loaded with nutritional value. Garlic, onions and chives all belong to the wonderful world of alliums; these Sulphur-rich foods can enhance the body’s detoxifying capabilities and have great anti-inflammatory properties.
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried chives
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon mustard powder
- Mix all the spices together and keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator
- To make the dressing, mix a tablespoon of the spices with a cup of greek yoghurt and add a squirt of lemon. For extra healing properties, a little kick and a bit of colour you could also add ½ a teaspoon of turmeric powder and some chilli flakes.