A Super Tasty Baked Falafel Recipe
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup dried (uncooked) chickpeas, rinsed and soaked for at least 4-5 hours and up to 24 hours in the refrigerator
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- ½ cup packed fresh parsley
- ½ cup packed fresh coriander
- 4 cloves garlic, quartered
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius. Pour ¼ cup of the olive oil into a large, rimmed baking sheet and turn until the pan is evenly coated.
- In a food processor, combine chickpeas, onion, parsley, cilantro, garlic, salt, pepper, cumin, cinnamon and the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Process until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Using your hands, scoop out about 2 tablespoons of the mixture at a time. Shape the falafel into small patties, about 2 inches wide and ½ inch thick. Place falafel on the oiled pan.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, carefully flipping the falafels halfway through baking, until they are deeply golden on both sides
- Serves 12 to 13 falafels. They keep well in the refrigerator for up to 4 days or in the freezer for several months.
Recipe by Farmbox
Get ready to hit your 30 minutes of activity for 30 days - find out how you can get involved today. We’re in it together!